Tuesday 3 July 2012

Where to begin. Probably at the beginning.

There are two things in life which encourage me to get up and go. Food and travel. This has always been the case. My mum reliably informs me that my third word at 15 months old was biscuit: that says it all really.

You either eat to live, or live to eat and I definitely fall into the latter category!

Some of my earliest memories are going on holiday to Lyme Regis in the UK with my grandparents. I remember the joy of being by the sea, exploring, soaking up the sun and eating food that I wouldn’t normally be allowed to eat. This feeling of adventure has stayed with me throughout my life and has driven me to travel the world and explore new things and most importantly new tastes.

There is something about eating food abroad, it always tastes different and exciting. Perhaps it is the different spices, the different atmosphere, the culture surrounding you, or perhaps it is just that it makes a nice change from jacket potato and veg! Whatever it is, I am setting out to find out and this blog will record my journey through the different international cuisines, and how to try and recreate them in your own home!  

Next blog entry: Thailand…… Unbelievable!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve, I will definitely be adding in photos in the Thailand entry, the trouble will be how to choose them?

    Also will check out the neverseconds blog for inspiration.

    Cook me Culture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, look forward to reading more, maybe with some photos?

    I follow the neverseconds blog: http://neverseconds.blogspot.co.uk which you might like. It's raised about £85000 for charity - shows you the power of a food blog! Hope yours does well!

    ReplyDelete